ACAT4002 Electroacoustic Composition 4
A one-hour seminar and a one-hour practical each week in Semester 2.
Satisfactory completion of Electroacoustic Composition 3.
To gain a practical understanding of the techniques of synthesis and digital control, and advanced algorithmic composition techniques.
The advanced use of microcomputers for composition:
- further exploration of MIDI systems;
- control of synthesis for micro- and macro-composition and for the realtime performance thereof;
- use of various synthesis techniques for timbre composition, e.g. additive, FM, waveshaping, granular stochastic;
- Compositional algorithms for implementing such things as stochastic processes.
- Active participation in preparing and presenting a concert of electroacoustic music, including program notes.
|Chamberlin, H., Musical Applications of Microprocessors, 2nd edn, Hayden Books, 1985.|
|Bateman, W, Introduction to Computer Music, Wiley, 1980.|
|Strawn, J. (ed.), Digital Audio Signal Processing: An Anthology, Kaufmann, 1985.|
Back to Music Handbook
Back to ACAT Unit Outline