Sonification with Python Workshop
Learning Python: A gentle introduction
Learn Online In no particular order:
- The Learn Python website uses Interactive (uses IPython (Interactive Python), a browser-based Interactive Development Environment (IDE). IPython is available for you to use for your own work. See the IPython website for more details.
- The Code Academy website is also an alternative more guided introduction, also using IPython.
- The "home" of Python, python.org, has its own tutorial.
Some (free) eBooks:
- Pilgrim, Mark.Dive Into Python is available in a number of formats. More recent editions of the book concentrate on the differences between Python 3 and Python 2 (we're using 2.7 for this workshop). This site also contains links to a number of other resources, including:
- Downey, Allen B. Think Python. How to Think Like a Computer Scientist is well written and quite comprehensive. It is available in a number of different formats, including as a downloadable PDF.
Python Syntax and Semantics: