ACAT3002 Electroacoustic Composition 3
A one-hour seminar and a one-hour practical each week in Semester 2.
Satisfactory completion of Algorithmic Composition 1.
To gain a practical understanding of the techniques of simple algorithmic composition.
- Use of microcomputers for composition.
- Use of sequencing software to store compositional information.
- Use of MIDI-controlled software and hardware.
- Elementary use of music composition languages.
- Active participation in preparing and presenting a concert of electroacoustic music, including program notes.
|Chamberlin, H., Musical Applications of Microprocesors, 2nd edn, Hayden Books, 1985.|
|Bateman, W, Introduction to Computer Music, Wiley, 1980.|
|Strawn, J. (ed.), Digital Audio Signal Processing: An Anthology, Kaufmann, 1985.|
Back to Music Handbook
Back to ACAT Unit Outline